Designing the Life I Want


Change: one word that sums up the past year of my life.


I became a homeowner about a year ago. And in the past year, I feel as if I have become a different person. I had never lived on my own before, so moving out of my parents' house was a HUGE step. All of a sudden, I was in charge of bills and feeding myself - things I had never worried about when I lived with my parents. Aside from my one credit card, I knew that my parents would take care of everything else and if I was hungry, something would be in the refrigerator, ready to heat.

That's not how it works in the real world.

I found myself stressing out very early on about money, because I realized how expensive everything is and that my paycheck wasn't endless. I worried because I was suddenly spending way more than I was saving. And I've spent the better part of the past year trying to find ways to stretch my dollars and save money so that I can live the life I want.

That's what brings me here.

I don't have all the answers. Nobody does. But I'm hoping to put out there some of the things I have found (and continue to find) that work for my family. I'm hoping to build a positive community of people who cheer each other on and help each other out. So that even though ONE person doesn't have all the answers, we might be able to come together and help everyone life their best life.
Change is hard. Change is scary. Change can be good, too.

#homeowner #movingout #independence #delightfuldeals #savingmoney #lifestyle #community #change #adulting